What to do when you arrive:
please report to the site office to book in. This will be a path on your left as you pull into the driveway.
Arrivals for the campsite are between 4pm and 8pm. The warden will greet you, confirm that the details of your booking are correct. He will also inform you of our covid19 precautions and how we must all work together to limit the risk of spreading this disease while still enjoying all of what this beautiful part of Norfolk has to offer.
Please be patient during busy times as it is important to ensure that you are checked-in correctly.
If you are staying on the campsite with us, please understand the following:
- The use of threatening behaviour and/or foul abusive language will not be tolerated and will result in the offender being asked to leave the site by the site steward.
- Please consider other guests on the site, and we ask that all members of your party conduct themselves at all times with due regard to the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Pitches are available from 1600. Latest arrival and pitching is 2000 unless previously discussed with us. Where a booking is not taken up by this time it may be considered cancelled unless prior arrangement has been made with us or you have selected the late/early arrive option when booking.
- We do not accept tents greater than 5 metres x 4 metres unless by special arrangement with the warden.
- In the event of poor weather and ground conditions, we ask that you please minimise traffic onto the camping field and park in other areas provided then walk to your pitch site. You enter the campsite at your own risk if due to poor ground conditions you get stuck on the field no responsibility cannot be accepted.
- The transfer, or sub-letting of pitches is not allowed without our approval.
- In certain circumstances, customers may be required to change pitch or take down gazebos or awnings during their stay. If this is required a full explanation will be offered and the site steward will advise accordingly. Gazebos and awnings must be approved before erection and must be no more than 2.5metres x 2.5 metres.
- Barbeques must be purpose-built and portable, standing clear of the ground.
- There must be no possibility of damage to the ground.
- Campfires and barbeques must be at least 2 meters away from any units to protect against fire and damage and a bucket of water or bucket of sand MUST be at hand to douse the flames as required. Campfires MUST be doused before retiring to sleep or leaving you unit. Random checks will be conducted.
- We ask that you please think of future customers and presentation of the pitch you occupy by not scorching or damaging the grass. Please use the bricks provided to lift your campfire from the grass. We will conduct random checks to ensure compliance.
- We do not at present offer fire drums of firewood but there is a shop a short walk away which offers a range of equipment for campers.
- You will be advised on arrival where you can have a campfire.
- Please be aware hot water is only available in the washbasins between the hours of 0600 -1000 and 1700-2200. Showers are available all day but due to the risk of covid19 we ask that these are used in accordance with our covid19 guidelines. Please be considerate of your fellow campers and do not take more than 10 minutes at busy times. Children must be accompanied by a parent/carer.
- Pets are welcome on site but you are responsible for the behaviour of your animals. Please ensure that your animals are not allowed loose on-site and are kept on a lead no longer than 1 metre.
- You must ensure that your pets do not foul the site and you are responsible for cleaning up after them. Failure to do so may result in fines. We do provide a red bin for disposal at the refuse disposal area.
- It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to ensure children are supervised at all times, whilst on site. Special consideration should be given to the use of toilet blocks.
- Noise must be kept to a reasonable level at all times so as not to disturb the enjoyment of others.
- Between 2230 and 0700 noise should be kept to a minimum and a quiet period observed for the benefit of all campers. The warden will be on hand to deal with any campers who do not follow this rule.
- Generators may be used only at the discretion of the site steward who will advise of the most appropriate running times, although they should never be used after 10 pm. We may ask you to refrain from using them if they cause a disturbance.
- Vehicle drivers, motorcyclists and cyclists are required to adhere to the Site's 5 mph speed limit.
- Servicing chemical toilets must only be done at a chemical disposal point, using water from that source.
- Rubbish should be recycled wherever possible.
- Pitches should be vacated by 11 am on the day of departure. If the pitch is not required immediately, customers may stay until 5 pm in consultation and agreement with the steward ( a charge may be payable). Please ensure you leave your pitch clean and tidy on departure.
- All items of lost property will be retained for one calendar month. Items not claimed after this period will be donated to a local charity or church close to the site, this includes any monies. Any items that are not of use to any of the local charities will be disposed of. If you have a tent or equipment which is useable but which you no longer want please advise the warden as these may be donated to local charities (if suitable).
- Anything, where the owner is readily identifiable, will be either directly returned to the owner if still on site or contacted by phone if possible. If it is not possible to contact the owner the items will be passed to the police.
- Owners are responsible for the cost of reclaiming their goods.
- Where items of property are claimed the claimant should be expected to provide a description of the items lost. The claimant must sign for all items claimed and record their full name and address.
- Norfolk Coast B&B Cottages & Camping will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to the property of the guest, including personal belongings, cash, jewellery and motor vehicles, however, caused during their holiday.
- Norfolk Coast B&B Cottages & Camping's responsibility and financial liability (excluding any liability for death or personal injury due to negligence) shall be limited to the return of monies received in the event of accommodation, booked in good faith, not being available owing to exceptional weather conditions, flood or fire, or such other cause beyond their control.
- The site is stewarded, any cause for complaint must in the first instance be addressed with the steward. The steward will work to resolve issues where possible and follow up with campers.